Below are the steps we take to ensure the privacy and security of your protected health information (PHI) while allowing you to connect with healthcare groups and agencies that provide services.
How does Professional Health Care Network (PHCN) keep protected health information safe and private?
PHCN ensures the safety of your health information in digital storage, like a virtual, locked file cabinet. As part of this, PHCN obeys all laws on securing your protected health information and keeping it private.
In the world of healthcare, information security is vital. Companies that deal with patient’s personal health information must meet key healthcare regulations for securing all data. When health information was only on paper, security was as simple as using a locked file cabinet. Present day, with the rise of digital information, companies need guidelines for how to store digital information securely and protect it from threats.
The HIPAA Security Rule is the first set of national standards for protecting digital health information. The goal of this rule is to protect digital information that identifies you, while still allowing healthcare providers access to the information they need.
The HITECH Act gives more severe penalties for not protecting data. PHCN fully understands these rules and has added security to our digital storage of your health information. This makes PHCN a leading Home Health solution provider in healthcare.
To confirm our commitment, we have earned NCQA Accreditation.
“Achieving NCQA Utilization Management Accreditation demonstrates that PHCN has the systems, process and personnel in place to conduct utilization management in accordance with the strictest quality standards.”
Please visit www.ncqa.org for more information regarding NCQA Accreditation.
What does PHCN do with protected health information?
We understand that Protected Health Information (PHI) is personal and private, and we are dedicated to keeping your PHI secure yet accessible as needed for your healthcare.
Part of PHCN’s business is an exclusive Platform as a Service (PaaS), meaning it provides the structure to connect home health agencies and payers to the information they need to provide service.
We use technology to help with: referrals, intake, staffing, reimbursement, claims and payment, and managing data.
Our protection of your information includes all administrative, technical, and physical safeguards needed. We store all Information you provide with an authorized and secure cloud services provider. You can read more about this at: http://xxl.a83.mywebsitetransfer.com/privacy-policy/
What technologies and practices does PHCN use to safeguard protected health information?
PHCN has years of experience managing large scale healthcare services using a robust set of security technologies and practices.
To safeguard your information, we:
- Control identity and user role-based access to our cloud platforms, data, and applications and enable Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) for more secure sign-in.
- Defend against threats and malware on all our cloud services.
- Enforce intrusion detection, intrusion protection, distributed denial-of-service (DDoS) attack prevention, extensive monitoring, encrypted key management, penetration and vulnerability testing, regular audits, and data analytics and machine learning tools to help mitigate threats to the PHCN systems.
- Report all security breaches to law enforcement, partners, patients, HHS and health companies, as required by law.
- Provide updated employee training and implement new policies and improve security. Special attention and training is provided to our employees to ensure they are taking all possible steps to protect our systems and the PHI we receive or generate.
- Encrypt all protected health information. This is covered further below.
How does PHCN encrypt protected health information?
PHCN encrypts protected health information while allowing it to still be usable to authorized groups.
PHCN’s platform encryption service protects data by using strong, certified standards. It does this while making every data field encryption-aware at the metadata layer, so that features that use encrypted fields still function. There is no reason to sacrifice usability for security within the PHCN platform.
To protect your data from threats, we:
- Use AES-256 secure encryption of data in transit and at rest.
- Maintain a sophisticated, FIPS 140-2-certified, HSM-based, key management architecture, giving us complete control over the lifecycle of encryption keys.
- Protect data in transit and at rest, including encryption of data, documents, applications, services, communications, and drives.
- Offer support for and use many encryption mechanisms, including SSL/TLS, IPsec, and AES.
- Use BitLocker Drive Encryption on all drives that contain sensitive information.
- Restrict staff access to sensitive data to those with explicit permission and HIPAA training.
- Use the latest protocol TLS 1.1 or higher to provide a more secure environment and continue API and PCI compliance.
Does PHCN meet the healthcare standards required by law?
PHCN meets the highest standards required by laws, and takes the steps needed to continue this.
To confirm that our services meet the highest standards, we:
- Don’t disclose customer data to any business, individual or government agency unless required by law.
- Conform to HIPAA and industry healthcare specific requirements with a comprehensive, compliance framework.
- Routinely test our Infrastructure using third party security companies who have certified that it passes high security controls standards.
- Perform sweeping third-party audits to confirm that PHCN meets standards needed in new security controls.
- Provide regular training to all employees to follow HIPAA privacy and security practices in securing PHI data and finding and reporting security breaches.
- Employ a dedicated Security Compliance Team that assess risk on all new business decisions using established policies to safeguard all stakeholders.
For any questions regarding Data Security or Compliance, please contact PHCN Compliance at: firstname.lastname@example.org